Program Number: 31-536-1
School Year: 2013-2014
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac, Shared With Lakeshore Technical College
If you're ill or injured, you have access to an enormous variety of therapeutic medications, and you trust your pharmacy to correctly interpret and fill your prescriptions. Pharmacy technicians contribute to our safety by assisting pharmacists in a variety of technical tasks. If you're attentive to detail; organized; a good communicator; and like math, science, and working with people, a career as a pharmacy technician may be your prescription for success.
Statewide Salary Range for Recent Graduates
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Package and label drugs for prescription dispensing.
- Prepare and deliver unit dose to the nursing services of hospitals or nursing homes.
- Prepare parenteral admixtures under aseptic and sterile conditions.
- Receive and inventory drug shipments.
- Maintain records, including patient profiles.
- Facilitate communications for third-party reimbursement.
- Compound solutions, ointments, lotions, suppositories and other medications.
- Comprehend and utilize medical and drug terminology common to the pharmaceutical environment.
- Practice ethical standards and recognize legal implications of your actions as they relate to yourself, the pharmacist and the pharmacy.
- Home IV Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician employed at:
- Community Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Nursing Home Pharmacies
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at the host college granting the degree. Please submit the following to Lakeshore Technical College:
- College admission application
- $30 one-time fee
- High school and other official college transcripts
- College assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). Note: The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with a representative at the host college to review course sequencing.
- Check with the host college if any additional steps are required.
|809-199||Psychology of Human Relations||3|
|501-102||Health Insurance and Reimbursement (LTC)||3|
|536-110||Pharmaceutical Calculations (LTC)||3|
|536-112||Pharmacy Business Applications (LTC)||4|
|536-115||Pharmacy Law (LTC)||2|
|536-120||Fundamentals of Reading Prescriptions (LTC)||1|
|536-124||Pharmacy Drug Distribution Systems (LTC)||1|
|536-126||Pharmacy Parenteral Admixtures (LTC)||3|
|536-138||Pharmacy Community Clinical (LTC)||2|
|536-140||Pharmacy Hospital Clinical (LTC)||3|
|536-141||Hospital Clinical Lab (LTC)||2|
|536-142||Pharmacy Community Clinical-Advanced (LTC)||2|
|XXX-XXX||An Approved Business Course Such As:|
|104-102||Principles of Marketing (LTC)||3|
|104-104||Selling Principles (LTC)||3|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
The following courses are offered at Moraine Park Technical College over the interactive video conference system:
536-110 Pharmaceutical Calculations
536-112 Pharmacy Business Applications
536-115 Pharmacy Law
536-120 Fundamentals of Reading Prescriptions
536-124 Pharmacy Drug Distribution Systems
536-126 Pharmacy Parenteral Admixtures