Associate of Applied Science Degree│2 Years│66 Credits│Online, Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend │ Eligible for Financial Aid
Accounting Degree Program
Turn your passion for numbers and details into a rewarding career—-get started in the Accounting associate degree program—which is available on campus or online— at Moraine Park Technical College and snag the job of your dreams in as little as two years!
Students gain an in-depth look at all facets of the accounting world, including teamwork, communication skills, ethical standards for accountants, the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and various accounting software programs. Graduates are familiar with:
- Financial and cost principles
- Analyzing financial and business information
- Processing financial data for reporting and planning purposes
- Risk management and decision-making
- Perform payroll preparation
- Tax accounting
- Digital systems like QuickBooks™ and other software
Career opportunities include, but are not limited, to the following professions:
- Payroll Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Individual Income Tax Preparer
Earn certificates, technical diplomas and an associate degree along this career pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.
High School Dual Credit
Dual credit provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school, without leaving their high school classroom. The courses are taught by certified high school instructors using a technical college curriculum, grading policies and textbooks. Learn More
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
You can transfer in prior college work by submitting official college transcripts or get a free transcript review. You can also earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer Opportunities page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
This is a 66-credit program. The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors such as total credits required, textbooks and the financial aid you receive. Some programs have additional costs such as uniforms, technology and equipment.
- $143.45 per credit (resident)
- $215.18 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Slide the green circle to adjust credits and cost estimate
Moraine Park’s admissions starts with the online application. The admissions steps and financial aid process can take a couple of weeks so plan ahead. View and begin standard admissions steps.