High School Students and Parents, here is what you need to know:
High School Students
2. Earn College Credits while in High School
- MPTC’s Dual Credit and Start College Now programs provide opportunities to take college courses at your high school or MPTC at no or little cost.
- AP (Advanced Placement): review the AP exam scores that are required to earn college credits AND what credits you would earn at MPTC.
3. Concurrent High School Admission
High school seniors may be eligible to be admitted to certain Moraine Park Technical College programs under Concurrent High School Admission. This means, as a senior, you would be taking nine credits or more (each semester) in your MPTC associate degree or technical diploma program. Interested individuals need to work directly with a recruiter to establish an academic goal that outlines course sequencing as well as complete needed steps to be accepted into this offering.
4. Early High School Grads – January Program Admission
Ambitious students who will graduate in fewer than four full years of high school may be eligible for admission as an early graduate. However, there are important extra steps and planning required.
5. Resources for Home School Students
Moraine Park Technical College is proud to be a homeschool friendly college. We are dedicated to supporting the homeschoolers in our community and want to help you with any questions you have regarding higher education.
6. Earn Your High School Diploma
- Alternative High School (HSAP): students who are at-risk of graduating from high school my attend Moraine Park’s Alternative High School Program. Students must be referred by their high school to attend.
- GED/HSED: if you are at least 18 years 6 months of age, or the class with which you entered 9th grade has graduated, you are eligible for the GED/HSED Program.