Associate of Applied Science│2 Years│63-64 Credits│West Bend Campus│Eligible for Financial Aid
Pursue your passion for helping people promoting health and fitness—become a wellness coach, personal trainer or chiropractic technician in two years or less with a Health and Wellness degree from Moraine Park Technical College.
Whether you have a passion for helping people or want to make the gym your office, a career in the health and wellness industry is calling your name.
Moraine Park’s Health and Wellness associate degree program is designed for students who want to learn how to coach clients in developing healthy lifestyle habits through proper nutrition, managing daily stress and becoming more physically active. Students can choose career pathways as a wellness coach and personal trainer or chiropractic technician.
Upon completion, students can become certified as an American Council of Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer, ACE Group Fitness Instructor and/or become Wisconsin state certified in the chiropractic health setting in therapies and radiography.
The best part? You can begin a career with a faster than average job growth rate in two years!
What You’ll Learn
Students learn how to create a culture of wellness within an organization, use holistic wellness strategies to guide behavior and lifestyle change in clients, and lead and evaluate personal and group fitness and strength training exercise sessions.
- Employ holistic wellness coaching strategies to implement behavior modification and lifestyle change in clients.
- Perform health and wellness assessments including fitness testing, body composition assessment, blood pressure screening, diet analysis, and health risk assessments.
- Explain the causes of chronic disease and how to prevent and manage chronic disease through lifestyle and behavior modification.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate corporate, community, or individual wellness plans.
- Assess personal fitness levels and prescribe exercise intervention plans.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health and wellness educational sessions to small and large groups.
- Analyze key behaviors and implement social marketing campaigns designed to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Assist in patient education and office operations.
- Lead and evaluate personal and group fitness and strength training exercise sessions. (Fitness emphasis)
- Administer therapeutic modalities and radiographic imaging. (Chiropractic emphasis)
Upon completion of the Health and Wellness program, students will know how to plan, implement, and evaluate corporate, community, or individual wellness plans, assess personal fitness levels and prescribe exercise intervention plans, develop, deliver, and evaluate health and wellness educational sessions to small and large groups. Students will also learn to analyze key behaviors and implement social marketing campaigns designed to promote healthy lifestyles. Career opportunities include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Wellness/Health Coach
- Health and Fitness Specialist
- Personal Trainer
- Wellness and Health Promotion Coordinator
- Customer Care Specialist
- Community Health Educator
- Chiropractic Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
Please visit the Program Catalog for the latest course requirements.
|501-104||Culture of Healthcare||2|
|501-107||Digital Literacy for Healthcare||2|
|546-110||Natural Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-112||Nutrition for Health and Wellness||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|546-120||Advanced Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-122||Theory and Practice of Fitness||3|
or Strength Training and Group Fitness
|Chiropractic Radiologic Technician
or Fitness Testing and Prescription
or General Anatomy and Physiology
|546-132||Wellness Coaching and Interviewing||3|
|546-134||Wellness Assessment Procedures Lab||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|Behavioral Science Course||3|
|546-138||Health and Wellness Marketing and Promotion||3|
|546-140||Health and Wellness Internship||3|
|Social Science Course||3|
|Social Science Course||3|
|REQUIRED ELECTIVE CREDITS|
|Required Elective Credits (can be taken any semester)||6|
Moraine Park’s admissions starts with the online application. The admissions steps and financial aid process can take 6-8 weeks for some programs, so plan ahead.
View and begin standard admissions steps.
This program also requires:
- Criminal Background Check
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors such as total credits required, textbooks and the financial aid you receive. Some programs have additional costs such as uniforms, technology and equipment.
- $143.45 per credit (resident)
- $215.18 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Slide the green circle to adjust credits and cost estimate
State Certification Disclosure: Moraine Park’s Health and Wellness program prepares students to obtain the educational requirements to pursue certification to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. No determination has been made if the curriculum matches the educational requirements for preparation, examinations, or certification for other states. Visit the Accreditation page for more details about certification.
First aid and BLS/CPR needs to be completed before taking Health and Wellness Internship.
High school dual credit provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school, without leaving their high school classroom. The courses are taught by certified high school instructors using technical college curriculum, grading policies and textbooks.
Has previous life experience already helped you build knowledge and skills applicable to your studies? Applying previously earned credits to a program of study can save you both time spent in the classroom and money spent on tuition and fees.
Financial Aid is provided to aid eligible associate degree and technical diploma programs with 28 credits or more. Processing can take 4-6 weeks after a student’s completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is received.