Begin a life-changing career in a quickly-growing field with the Emergency Medical Technician program at Moraine Park.
Prepare to work as an entry-level EMS Professional in Wisconsin with the Emergency Medical Technician program. EMTs respond to emergencies and transport patients to appropriate care facilities. Working as an EMT, you’ll respond to a number of situations ranging from vehicle crashes, heart attacks, childbirths to gunshot wounds.
What You’ll Learn
This technical diploma prepares students to assess and treat health related emergencies, check a scene for hazards, and care for injured patients. Completion of the EMT course allows students to sit for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians cognitive examination and State practical examination, which qualify the students for Wisconsin EMT licensure.
Students accepted into the Emergency Medical Technician program must complete health requirements and a criminal background check. Students must be 18 years of age to be eligible for licensure.
Moraine Park’s admissions starts with the online application. The admissions steps and financial aid process can take 6-8 weeks for some programs, so plan ahead.
View and begin standard admissions steps.
This program also requires:
- Health Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
If you have any questions or need help with the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 920-924-3200, TTY/VP:Use Relay VRS.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors such as total credits required, textbooks and the financial aid you receive. Some programs have additional costs such as uniforms, technology and equipment.
- $143.45 per credit (resident)
- $215.18 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Slide the green circle to adjust credits and cost estimate
- MPTC Name Tag – $15
- EMT T-shirts (2) – $30
- 1/4 zip work shirt, embroidered – $90
- EMT Pants (2) – $90
- Black Belt – $15
- Hard Sole Black Boots (shineable, chemical/blood resistant) – $100
- Safety Glasses or Goggles – $10
- Watch with sweep second-hand – $15
- N95 Fit Testing – $70
- MyLab BRADY with Pearson eText + EMS Testing Access Code Card (EMT) + Platinum Planner Access Code Card (EMT) – ALL DIGITAL PACKAGE (required) – $235
- Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Workbook 12/e – $45
Emergency Medical Technician: A Practice Based Approach to EMS Educations, State of WI EMT Curriculum Online (via Wisconsin EMS)
- Laptop or Ipad with home internet access – $400
State Licensure Disclosure: Moraine Park’s Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic program prepares students to obtain the educational requirements for licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. No determination has been made if the curriculum matches the educational requirements for preparation, examinations, or licensure for other states. Visit the Accreditation page for more details about accreditation.