Nail Technician Certificate
Program Number: 97-502-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus: Fond du Lac
Nail services are the ultimate in pampered hand and foot care. The Nail Technician Certificate is attractive to people with creativity, visual perception, and good interpersonal skills. Students develop nail technician skills in the classroom and simulated salon setting. Coursework covers laws, regulations, business management and ethics to help students who may want to start their own business.
The 324-hour, 10-week certificate prepares students for the state licensing examination to practice as a manicurist. Classes are held in fall three days per week. Online coursework is required. Contact the Academic Advisor for scheduling details.
Graduates of the certificate find employment in salons or may choose to open their own place of business.
NOTE: 502-361 is a prerequisite to 502-362. 502-362 is a prerequisite to 502-363. Students must be accepted into the certificate to be eligible to enroll in the courses. Fees must be paid prior to program start. Class size is limited to a maximum of 16. No students will be accepted following the second class session.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Nail Technician
Opportunities for Advancement
Graduates are encouraged to continue their formal training; Moraine Park offers a 12–month Cosmetology technical diploma. Some certificate credits transfer into the technical diploma.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
- A copy of your high school diploma, GED or HSED is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|502-361||Nail Technician 1||3|
|502-362||Nail Technician 2||4|
|502-363||Nail Technician 3||2|
- Nail Technician Certificate, 2015-2016
- Nail Technician Certificate, 2014-2015
- Nail Technician Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
Students must purchase a nail kit and books for this program. Nail kit pricing is approximately $700. This cost is subject to change. Contact the bookstore for current pricing.