LPN to ADN Progression Track
Program Number: 10-543-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
The LPN to ADN Progression Track is designed for individuals who are currently Wisconsin Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and want to become Registered Nurses (RN). The coursework builds upon prior learning.
Advanced standing credit may be awarded for knowledge and skills gained through occupational experiences, prior learning and other advanced placement subject exams. To ensure that students have the academic foundation for higher-level coursework, 19 escrow credits are granted after successful completion of 543-109, 543-110, 543-111 and 543-112. These escrow credits then fulfill the core course requirements for the first year of the Moraine Park Associate Degree Nursing program.
Program graduates are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurses.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326 (phone 1-404-975-5000) and the Wisconsin Board of Nursing (phone 1-608-267-2357).
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Implement one's role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices, and an evolving professional identity as a nurse committed to evidence-based practice, caring, advocacy and quality care.
- Demonstrate appropriate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication in a variety of clinical contexts.
- Integrate social, mathematical, and physical sciences, pharmacology, and pathophysiology in clinical decision making.
- Provide patient centered care by utilizing the nursing process across diverse populations and health care settings.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, members of the health care team and self through safe individual performance and participation in system effectiveness.
- Lead the multidisciplinary health care team to provide effective patient care throughout the lifespan.
- Use information and technology to communicate, manage data, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- (entry-level; after passing NCLEX-RN)
- Staff Nurse
- Primary Nurse
Applications for admission to the LPN to ADN Progression Track program will continue to be accepted until further notice. Please check our Application Deadlines for periodic updates.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|Clinical Admissions Requirements|
|Petition Requirements (Currently accepted pre-core nursing students, go to myMPTC Student tab for specifics.)|
|543-117||Nursing Bridge to ADN (Can be used as an elective credit.)||2|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|806-177||General Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|806-179||Advanced Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|Current WI Licensed Practical Nurse; employment as an LPN for a minimum of 2,080 hours in the last 2 years|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|543-109||Nursing: Complex Health Alterations 1||3|
|543-110||Nursing: Mental Health and Community Concepts||2|
|543-111||Nursing: Intermediate Clinical Practice||3|
|543-112||Nursing: Advanced Skills||1|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|19 escrow credits will be granted after successful completion of 543-109, 543-110, 543-111, 543-112||19|
|543-113||Nursing: Complex Health Alterations 2||3|
|543-114||Nursing: Management and Professional Concepts||2|
|543-115||Nursing: Advanced Clinical Practice||3|
|543-116||Nursing Clinical Transition||2|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|Required Elective Credits 4|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements 72|
Clinical evaluations are the exit assessment graduation requirement for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- LPN to ADN Progression Track, 2015-2016
- LPN to ADN Progression Track, 2014-2015
- LPN to ADN Progression Track, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.