Program Number: 61-442-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, Jackson Regional Center
The Gas Metal Arc Welding Certificate prepares individuals for entry level employment in the area of gas metal arc welding (GMAW). The certificate includes welding safety, occupational math, welding print reading and gas metal arc welding in all positions. The certificate courses ladder into the one-year Welding Technical Diploma.
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
Career Pathways offer a guide to help you achieve your education and employment goals. With short-term education options based on stackable credits, Career Pathways allow you to build upon your education goals as you plan your career advancement. At each step of the way, your classes will stack to more advanced certificates and diplomas, earning industry recognized credentials that provide you potentially new employment opportunities.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|442-331||Welding Print Reading||2|
|442-337||Welding Theory and Safety||1|
|442-357||Gas Metal Arc Welding 1 (GMAW)||2|
|442-358||Gas Metal Arc Welding 2 (GMAW)||2|
|804-360||Occupational Mathematics 1||2|
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.