Program Number: 10-523-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: West Bend
Coming soon!! Associate degree in Health and Wellness
In August of 2017, our current Chiropractic Specialist program will transition to an associate degree in Health and Wellness. Applications are being accepted during the transition!
The Chiropractic Specialist program at MPTC has been an active and successful program for the past 20 years and has been the only one in the state. Over time, the Chiropractic field has experienced a passionate shift encompassing a greater health and wellness emphasis.
This shift has provided MPTC the opportunity to revamp our current program to meet the demands of our hiring district. The Health and Wellness career field is expected to offer much faster-than-average job growth through 2020. To respond to this change in focus and career demand, MPTC is in the process of transitioning the Chiropractic Specialist to a Health and Wellness program starting in fall of 2017.
The program will be an innovative use of programming which capitalizes on the career pathway movement. The program will be comprised of a progressive career ladder transitioning from a Health and Wellness Customer Service Representative certificate --> Health and Wellness Technician technical diploma --> Health and Wellness associate degree.
As a student moves toward completion of the program, he/she can become certified as a Chiropractic Technician, Chiropractic Radiographic Technician, ACE Health/Wellness Coach, ACE Personal Trainer expanding our graduate’s options for employment opportunities and career growth.
See the Health and Wellness web page for the program description and program planner. For more information, contact Health and Wellness program advisor Kristin Kozlowski firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-335-5878.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $130.35 per credit (resident)
- $195.53 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2016-2017 fees; 2017-2018 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Administer office procedures.
- Administer therapeutic modalities.
- Assist in patient education.
- Complete radiographic imaging.
- Explain basic chiropractic philosophy.
- Implement marketing.
- Maintain equipment.
- Manage financial accounts.
- Operate equipment.
- Manage patient care documentation.
- Perform basic examination procedures.
- Chiropractic Technician
- Chiropractic Office Manager
- Chiropractic Radiology Technician
Advancement Opportunities With Additional Work Experience or Education
- Massage Therapist/Medical Office Manager
- Insurance Billing Specialist
- Radiology Technician
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- A Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|523-110||Natural Wellness Concepts||2|
|523-140||Chiropractic Office Procedures||3|
|523-151||Chiropractic Radiographic Dynamics||3|
|523-155||Chiropractic Radiographic Positioning||3|
|523-170||Chiropractic Conjunctive Therapy||3|
|523-190||Chiropractic Office Procedures Internship||2|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|- OR -|
|523-120||Fitness for Life||2|
|523-163||Chiropractic Radiographic and Conjunctive Therapy||4|
|523-171||Chiropractic Patient Education||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|- OR -|
|- OR -|
|801-141||Introduction to Mass Communications||3|
|- OR -|
|809-172||Introduction to Diversity Studies||3|
|523-145||Chiropractic Office Management Applications||2|
|523-167||Chiropractic Insurance Internship||2|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|809-196||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|- OR -|
|809-199||Psychology of Human Relations||3|
|Required Elective Credits||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||70|
A paper portfolio exit assessment is a graduation requirement for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2017-2018
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2016-2017
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2015-2016
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.