Individualized Technical Studies
Program Number: 10-825-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
The Individualized Technical Studies (ITS) associate of applied science degree is a flexible program intended for students with unique backgrounds and specific career goals that can’t be met by enrolling in any single program currently offered by the College. The ITS degree gives students the option to create a unique program by combining associate degree level courses from two or more existing Moraine Park programs. At least 20 credits must be from one discipline. ITS students work with an occupational mentor of their choosing and a team of college staff to design a sound, industry-specific program that considers the student’s career goals and prior work experiences. As a result, students achieve their career goals by acquiring knowledge and skills tailored to their specific employment needs. Students may be eligible for credit for prior learning based on previous work experience, coursework or military service training. Documentation of prior learning can be submitted in a request for advanced standing in degree program courses. A minimum of 25 percent of the total program requirements must be earned at Moraine Park.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Students interested in the ITS degree work with their occupational mentor and academic deans to explore their career options and create a unique set of Career Outcome Statements that define competencies required for the student's success in their chosen career. An occupational mentor is someone who works in the student's field of choice or recently worked in that field, and is familiar with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed by the student to achieve on-the-job success. The mentor and a team of college staff assist the student in selecting relevant courses and guide them through their program.
- Creative Options Chosen by ITS Students:
- Administrative Professional
- Behavioral Health Coordinator
- Clinical Services Associate
- Environmental Facilities Maintenance
- Human Resource Administration
- Web Developer/Design
- Wind Technology
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites. Also determine whether Moraine Park currently offers a program that will meet your career goals or if the ITS program will better match your needs.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|Institutional Requirements - 3 credits||3|
|**103-159||Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
Individual Technical Studies Courses - 40 to 46 credits
Coursework is based on the student's Career Outcome Statements. A minimum of 20 associate of applied science degree-level credits must be focused in one discipline. A discipline is described as a program cluster such as finance, information technology, manufacturing, or health care.
|General Studies Courses - 21 to 30 credits|
|Communications - 6 credits minimum (select 801-136 English Composition 1 and one additional course)|
|801-136||English Composition 1 (and)||3|
|801-1XX||Additional associate-level Communication course related to degree||3|
|Mathematics or Science - 3 credits minimum|
|804-1XX||Associate-level College Mathematics or advanced mathematics course (or)||3-4|
|806-1XX||Associate-level Science course related to degree||3-4|
|Social Science - 3 credits minimum (809-166 Introduction to Ethics required for Associate Degree)|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|Behavioral Science - 3 credits minimum|
|809-1XX||Other associate-level Behavioral Science course related to degree||3|
|Additional General Education Electives||6-15|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||60-70|
An Individualized Technical Studies Exit Assessment is a graduation requirement for this program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- Individualized Technical Studies, 2015-2016
- Individualized Technical Studies, 2014-2015
- Individualized Technical Studies, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.