Program Number: 10-006-2
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Shared with Lakeshore Technical College
Whether you want to run your own agribusiness operation or help other agriculture producers become more successful, this program gives you the skills you need. Learn how to merge business and science to produce a product and make a profit. Through hands-on learning and on-the-job experience, you’ll gain skills in animal science and nutrition, integrated pest management, soil science, crop production and precision agriculture. You’ll be able to develop crop management, livestock management and business plans. You’ll also learn how to enhance your success through sales, marketing and business management. This program will open doors to a variety of agribusiness career pathways.
Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) offers its Agribusiness Science and Technology program classes at LTC and also at Moraine Park via live interactive television. As an Agribusiness Science and Technology student, you'll attend live classes at the LTC campus or attend live interactive television classes at Moraine Park. General studies classes and labs can be taken at Moraine Park. For more information, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Agribusiness Science and Technology program information.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Develop an agri-business management plan.
- Apply economic and marketing strategies to agribusiness industry.
- Apply relevant technologies.
- Create a crop management plan.
- Create a livestock management plan.
- Investigate opportunities in agribusiness.
- Interact as a professional in agribusiness.
- Agricultural Inspector
- Agricultural Equipment Operator
- Nursery and Greenhouse Manager
- Agricultural Products Grader
- Supervisor of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- Supervisor of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at the host college granting the degree. Please submit the following to Lakeshore Technical College:
- College admission application
- $30 one-time fee
- High school and other official college transcripts
- College assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). Note the ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with a representative at the host college to review course sequencing.
- Check with the host college if any additional steps are required.