Program Number: 61-444-3
School Year: 2018-2019
Campus: Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park's Introduction to CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Operations Certificate is designed for individuals who have limited or no manufacturing background in the operation of CNC equipment. CNC equipment operators handle the initial startup of a program, maintain quality control of the parts being machined and troubleshoot CNC machine tools when necessary. This certificate covers how to operate machine tools, CNC setup, CNC operation, industrial trade’s math, blueprint reading and how to use measuring equipment. Operators run computer-controlled machine tools that produce highly precise parts used in many of the products we use on a daily basis. Duties of an operator will vary from operating the machine to setup of cutting tools, fixtures, programs, and producing the complete part. The courses in this certificate can be directly transferred into Moraine Park's CNC/Tool and Die Technologies technical diploma program.
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Entry level CNC Operator
- Machine Tool Setter
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|439-399||2D CAD Mold and Die Print Reading||2|
|444-365||CNC Machining Center Operation||2|
|804-360||Occupational Mathematics 1||2|