CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate
Program Number: 97-444-1
School Year: 2014-2015
Campus: West Bend
In a manufacturing environment where machines do much of the labor, the human touch is needed to ensure consistent productivity and high quality of goods. Computer numerical controlled (CNC) equipment operators handle the initial startup of a program, maintain quality control of the parts being machined and troubleshoot CNC machine tools when necessary.
Moraine Park's CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate is designed for individuals who have limited or no manufactuirng background in the setup and operation of CNC equipment. This certificate covers how to perform:
- Operation of machine tools
- Computer operations
- Entry-level CNC programming
- CNC setup
- CNC operation
- Industrial trades math
- Blueprint reading
- Use of precision measuring equipment
Tools And Equipment
Students must purchase tool kits for this program.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2013-2014 fees; 2014-2015 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Graduates of the CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate are encouraged to continue their formal training; Moraine Park offers a two-year CNC/Tool and Die Technologies technical diploma program. All courses of the certificate are transferable into the technical diploma program. Graduates of the certificate can find employment in machine shops, metal fabrication, tool and die shops, furniture and wood product manufacturers, and plastics manufacturers.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|439-301||Introduction to Basic Machining||1|
|439-303||Basic Machining - Milling||2|
|439-305||Basic Machining - Drilling and Grinding||2|
|439-399||2D AutoCAD Mold and Die Print Reading||2|
|444-333||Basics of Metrology||1|
|804-360||Occupational Mathematics 1||2|
|444-340||Beginning CAM - Mastercam||2|
|444-355||CNC Machining Center Programming||2|
|444-365||CNC Machining Center Operation||2|
|804-361||Occupational Mathematics 2||2|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.