CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate
Program Number: 97-444-1
School Year: 2013-2014
Campus: West Bend
This certificate is designed for individuals with limited or no manufacturing background to develop skills in the setup and operation of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) equipment. CNC setup operators handle the initial start-up of a program, operate and troubleshoot conventional and CNC machine tools, and maintain quality control of parts being machined. Areas of study include the following:
- Operation of machine tools
- Computer operations
- Entry-level CNC programming
- CNC setup
- CNC operation
- Industrial trades math
- Blueprint reading
- Use of precision measuring equipment
Tools And Equipment
Students must purchase tool kits for this program.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Graduates of the CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate are encouraged to continue their formal training; Moraine Park offers a two-year CNC/Tool and Die Technologies technical diploma program. All courses of the certificate are transferable into the technical diploma program. Graduates of the certificate can find employment in machine shops, metal fabrication, tool and die shops, furniture and wood product manufacturers, and plastics manufacturers.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Admissions to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|439-301||Introduction to Basic Machining||1|
|439-303||Basic Machining - Milling||2|
|439-305||Basic Machining - Drilling and Grinding||2|
|439-399||2D AutoCAD Mold & Die Print Reading||2|
|444-333||Basics of Metrology||1|
|804-360||Occupational Mathematics 1||2|
|444-340||Beginning CAM - Mastercam||2|
|444-355||CNC Machining Center Programming||2|
|444-365||CNC Machining Center Operation||2|
|804-361||Occupational Mathematics 2||2|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
The Final Steps
When you are in the last semester of coursework, complete the graduation candidacy form and submit it with the $30 fee to the Registration Office.