Program Number: 31-502-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac
What's the perfect path for students with a strong sense of personal style, artistic creativity and passion for working with people? Moraine Park’s Cosmetology technical diploma is a 12-month program that prepares graduates for the state Cosmetology Licensing Exam. Students begin by learning classroom theory and fundamental skill development. Then students are able to apply their skills on clients in a professional salon environment, providing hair, skin and nail services. Students also attend area beauty shows and hear guest presentations from industry artists.
This career requires the stamina to stand for longer periods to perform salon services. Class attendance is crucial to student success.
Program start dates are scheduled for August and January each academic year. (Classes run Monday - Friday.)
Students must be accepted into the program prior to enrolling in the courses. All fees must be paid prior to program start. Class size is limited to the first 20 paid students. Early enrollment is encouraged. Students are strongly encouraged to get on the waiting list, if necessary. As class space becomes available, wait-list students are offered the spots. See an academic advisor for more information.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $130.35 per credit (resident)
- $195.53 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2016-2017 fees; 2017-2018 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Apply safety and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to the current Wisconsin administrative codes and statutes for cosmetology.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills for success.
- Perform haircutting services.
- Perform shampoo services.
- Perform skin care services.
- Perform texture services.
- Perform hair color services.
- Demonstrate hairstyling and finishing techniques.
- Perform nail services.
- Develop strategies to market products and services.
- Platform Artist
- Spa Services
- Makeup Artist
- Skin Care
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|502-304||Hairstyling, Shampooing and Scalp Treatment||2|
|502-311||Haircutting, Basic Forms||2|
|502-334||Permanent Wave Techniques||2|
|502-347||Hair Color and Lightening||2|
|502-302||Hairstyling, Basic Techniques||2|
|502-336||Chemical Services and Properties of the Hair||1|
|502-338||Electricity and Chemistry||1|
|502-348||Highlighting and Corrective Color||1|
|502-313||Short and Trend Cuts||1|
|502-332||Facials/Skin Structure and Its Disorders||2|
|502-341||Salon Services 1||2|
|Basic Math Proficiency (Term 3 or 4)|
|502-342||Salon Services 2||4|
|502-356||Laws and Rules||1|
|502-343||Salon Services 3||5|
|502-355||Anatomy and Book Final||1|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||40|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Note: Students must purchase a kit for this program.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.