Liberal Arts Collaborative AgreementSchool Year: 2013-2014
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
Moraine Park’s Liberal Arts Collaborative Agreement is for students who want to begin college at Moraine Park and transition to Madison College (MATC-Madison 10-800-3), Nicolet College (10-800-4), or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee 10-800-2) to earn an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science degree. Students who select this degree option have the goal of transferring to a four-year university to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- A maximum of 30 transferable Moraine Park credits may be applied toward Madison/Milwaukee/ Nicolet’s Liberal Arts programs.
- Admission to college is highly competitive. Completing this program does not guarantee being admitted to a four-year institution. A 2.0 GPA is generally not sufficient to be accepted to a university as a transfer student.
- Contact a Transfer Specialist at the four-year institution you plan to attend for credit transfer details and requirements for your intended major and degree.
- Use the Transfer Information System (TIS) Web site www.uwsa.edu/tis to learn which courses transfer to each of the UW-System colleges.
ADMISSIONS PROCESS (through Madison, Milwaukee or Nicolet)
- Apply for admission to Madison College (MATC-Madison), Nicolet College, or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee).
- Send all original documentation, including high school and college transcripts, to Madison College (MATC-Madison), Nicolet College, or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee). Receive admission from that institution.
- Complete FAFSA using Moraine Park Technical College School Code (005303). If eligible for Financial Aid, Financial Aid is awarded through Moraine Park Technical College.
- Complete any required placement testing at Madison College (MATC-Madison), Nicolet College, or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee).
- Request copies of admissions documents be sent from Madison College (MATC-Madison), Nicolet College, or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee) to Moraine Park Technical College.
- Sign a Liberal Arts Collaborative Agreement Admission Application and bring it to Moraine Park’s Transfer Specialist before completing 12 general education credits. The Transfer Specialist will send the agreement to the respective college.
- Work with your Transfer Specialist to select general education courses that will transfer and meet the requirements of your intended major at a four-year college.
- Receive provisional admission to Moraine Park Technical College after meeting admissions requirements. Provisional status is removed after meeting with the Transfer Specialist.
- Maintain good academic standing by earning a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale in all MPTC general education courses. A minimum GPA of 2.0 or better must be earned in a course at Moraine Park for it to transfer to Madison/MATC-Milwaukee/Nicolet.
- CREDIT NOTE: A maximum of 30 credits at the 100-level will be applied toward Madison College (MATC-Madison), Nicolet College, or Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC-Milwaukee) Liberal Arts program under this agreement.
- TRANSFER NOTE: Transferability varies by institution; see MATC-Madison/MATC-Milwaukee/Nicolet advising materials. Verify the transferability of your courses with the 4-year college/university you plan to attend. For the UW-System, utilize the Transfer Information System (TIS) Web site at www.uwsa.edu/tis
- COURSE NOTE: Courses listed are subject to change as new courses are offered.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
|801 - Communication|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|804 - Mathematics|
|804-118||Intermediate Algebra w/Applications||4|
|804-195||College Algebra w/Applications||3|
|804-197||College Algebra w/Trigonometry & Applications||5|
|809 - Natural Sciences|
|806-154||General Physics 1||3|
|806-105||Principles of Animal Biology||4|
General Anatomy & Physiology –
for Associate in Arts degree only
|806-179||Advanced Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|MATC-Madison also accepts:|
|806-186||Introduction to Biochemistry||4|
|809 – Social Science|
|809-122||Introduction to American Government||3|
|809-128||Marriage and Family||3|
|809-172||Introduction to Diversity Studies||3|
|809-196||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|809-197||Contemporary American Society||3|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|MATC-Madison/Nicolet also accepts:|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|MATC-Madison also accepts:|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.