MPTC Transfer Credit Guidelines
Courses are eligible for transfer into MPTC, if the following criteria are met:
- Previous college coursework from accredited postsecondary institutions can be used to fulfill MPTC program requirements through the transfer credit process.
- Official transcript from each college/university must be on file at MPTC.
- Courses are applicable to the degree, diploma or certificate program being sought at MPTC.
- Courses must have a grade of C or better. Grades of C- or CD do not meet this requirement. (Some programs may have differing grade requirements)
- If a pass/fail grade is issued the college transcript must specifically note that a grade of ‘pass’ equates to a grade of C or higher.
MPTC’s Residency Rule requires students pursuing an MPTC degree, diploma, or certificate to complete at least 25% of the graduation requirements through coursework taken at MPTC.
Basic Education and/or Developmental coursework is not eligible for transfer into MPTC.
Graduate level coursework is not eligible for transfer into MPTC. In some cases, if the graduate coursework fulfills course requirements within a program, a course waiver may be requested. Dean approval is required.
Individual program guidelines may restrict or require Dean approval for the transfer of certain courses. This may be based upon either the age of the course or the student’s program status.