Moraine Park Challenge Exams
Moraine Park offers both Challenge Exams and Skill Demonstrations to current students. Both exams and demonstrations assess your skills and knowledge of specific course content. These comprehensive tests provide the opportunity to earn college credit and fulfill requirements within your MPTC program of study. They are pass/fail in nature. No scores or letter grades are given to reflect your performance on the test.
*Please note: MPTC Challenge Exams and Skill Demonstrations are intended to provide MPTC credit to fulfill graduation requirements within a student’s MPTC program of study. As a result, credits earned through this process may not be transferable to other colleges and universities.
Challenge Exam Guidelines
- Credit by Exam can only be attempted one time (per course).
- Students cannot be currently under MPTC academic suspension and cannot have a “No Credit” or other previously recorded grade for the course.
- Students are assessed a nonrefundable/nontransferable $50 exam fee for each exam attempted. Students attempting a skill demonstration (welding) are assessed a nonrefundable/nontransferable skill demonstration fee of $90. In cases where the exam contains both a written exam and skill demonstration, students pay a single $90 fee to cover both exam components.
- Challenge Exams must be completed within the times set forth in the exam schedule.
- Some exams may take up to 2 weeks to be scored. Please plan accordingly.
- Challenge Exam and Skills Demonstrations results are not included when calculating student Grade Point Averages. Credits earned through exam or demonstration will not count in that semester’s financial aid credit load. However, credits earned in this manner will count as credits attempted for financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) calculations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.