International students interested in entering a one-year or two-year technical diploma or associate degree program at Moraine Park Technical College need to complete the following admission requirements:
Application Deadlines for International Students
May 1 for Fall (August) Enrollment
September 1 for Spring (January) Enrollment
- Submit Moraine Park’s International Student Application (if you do not have a Dynamic Forms account, create one by following the steps from the “Create New Account” link.)
- International applicants may not be admitted to pre-core health sciences programs, or programs less than one year in length (see FAQ “Are there any programs of study that are not open to International Students?” below)
- There is a $100 mandatory application processing fee. After applying, you will receive an email from email@example.com to complete this payment.
- After your application fee is paid, you will receive details from firstname.lastname@example.org about following required items:
- International Student Information and Financial Documentation Form.
- An official high school (secondary) and college/university, if applicable, transcripts. (Documents must be translated into English – transcript translation agencies listed below.)
- Results of a Reading, Writing and Math assessment must be submitted. This can be in the form of SAT or ACT results, or via the Accuplacer exam offered virtually by Moraine Park Technical College (there is an additional charge to take the Accuplacer.)
- Proof of proficiency in English language via the TOEFL, PTE Academic or another equivalent proficiency exam, or having completed your high school (secondary) degree or additional college degrees in English language. Testing is not available at Moraine Park. Information about TOEFL testing is available on the Educational Testing Services web site: www.toefl.org. Information about PTE Academic testing is available on the PTE Academic web site: pearsonpte.com
~ TOEFL Paper-based test (PBT) minimum score 500
~ TOEFL Computer-based test (CBT) minimum score 173
~ TOEFL Internet-based test (IBT) minimum score 61
~ PTE Academic minimum score 43
- Letter(s) from sources of financial support indicating availability of funds to cover the annual cost of tuition, books and supplies, room & board, and miscellaneous expenses while studying at Moraine Park (currently a minimum of $15,000 USD.)
- A copy of your current passport.
- Evidence of medical insurance coverage while residing in the United States (this can either be a current policy that will cover you during your studies or details of where you plan to obtain coverage once in the United States.)
- Additional admission steps may be required for some programs. Information will be provided to applicants via email/phone (or US Postal Service if necessary) after application is processed.
Additional Admissions Information
- International students applying for a program that requires a criminal background check are responsible for any fees regarding international criminal background checks. These fees vary based on the student’s home country.
- Moraine Park does not provide on-campus housing or assistance locating housing; this is the student’s responsibility. Fond du Lac camps has private accommodations at vuecampus.com
Applying for a Student (F-1) Visa
When all admissions requirements have been satisfied and acceptance into an MPTC program has been granted, the Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 will be issued by Moraine Park’s Registrar’s Office. Students should present the following documents to the nearest US embassy or consulate in their country for processing:
1. The original, signed I-20 form documenting college acceptance.
2. A copy of the statement of financial support submitted during the admissions process.
3. Receipt of payment for the Student & Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS) I-901 fee. Students can submit the required SEVIS fee and print the receipt of payment at: www.fmjfee.com.
4. If an international student’s starting term must be adjusted, therefore requiring a new I-20 form issued, there will be an additional reissuance fee of $150 charged each time.
Arriving in the United States
Once an F-1 Student Visa has been obtained, students should contact the MPTC Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) to provide notification of their anticipated arrival date. The student should plan to arrive no later than one (1) week prior to the start of classes but no earlier than 30 days prior to the start of the classes.
To maintain the F-1 status, students must:
- Attend the school that is stated on the I-20 form.
- Carry a full course of study (at least 12 credits for undergraduate work) and make reasonable progress towards a degree.
- Report any changes in status immediately to USCIS and MPTC personnel. (Including any leave of absence for school breaks, vacations, etc.)
Additional Information for Students and Staff Regarding International Students
An F-1 visa is for students pursuing academic studies and/or language training programs.
Students are not eligible for financial assistance or work-study opportunities while pursuing their education at Moraine Park.
Graduate studies and four-year degree programs are not offered as part of the Moraine Park curriculum.
Credit Transcript Translation Agencies:
ECE (Educational Credentials Evaluators)
Education Evaluators International, Inc.
Joseph Silny & Associates, Inc.
For further information, please contact Admissions at: