- This event has passed.
Managing the Performance of Others
May 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$875
As the manager, supervisor or leader of a work group or team, performance leaders help others do the work that ultimately makes an organization successful. They must ensure employee performance aligns with the direction and strategy of the organization. The skills taught in this workshop help participants prepare for and conduct different types of performance-related discussions. In this series, participants focus on building competence in the areas of: team accountability, coaching, business thinking, decision making, and change management.
Target Audience: Leaders who seek to develop strong teams and drive outstanding results will benefit from this series.
- Prepare for a focused performance management conversation to address expectation setting, poor performance and performance appraisals.
- Clarify expectations in a way that increases employees’ ability to manage more of their job responsibilities on their own.
- Conduct focused conversations about poor performance that result in action toward improvement.
- Give their perspective of performance by focusing on core points.
- Overcome major performance disconnects with employees.
- Increase employee motivation, learning and productivity, and ensure collaboration within the team.
- Develop an action plan focused on application of skills to the workplace.
This class meets on Thursdays, May 11, 18, 25 and June 1, 2017.