COVID-19 and Moraine Park
Moraine Park Technical College welcomed students back to campus for the fall 2020 semester beginning Aug. 24. MPTC campuses are open to students and employees but remain closed to the general public.
In compliance with the statewide mandate, face coverings are required at Moraine Park. Face coverings will continue to be required at Moraine Park until at least the end of 2020.
Students who are unable to wear a face covering or mask for medical reasons or due to a disability will need to connect with Disability Resources to create an accommodation plan. Employees who are unable to wear a face covering or mask will need to connect with Talent Management to discuss accommodation options.
About coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a virus strain that began spreading in December. Moraine Park is following Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and guidelines to guide decision-making. As new information continues to emerge at a rapid pace, Moraine Park’s leadership and response teams continue to monitor, respond and plan.
According to the CDC, coronavirus symptoms include: fever, cough and shortness of breath. There is currently not a vaccine to prevent coronavirus (COVID-19), but the CDC suggests the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed and recommends the following preventative actions:
- Stay home if you are ill and/or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Learn more about Moraine Park’s phased-in plan for returning to campus: