Please click on the highlighted links to access required forms and read further information on the Nursing Assistant Program
- A complete Background Check is required – adhere to due date identified in welcome letter. The cost is $45 and you complete it on-line. Click on the link above for on-line background check directions. Clinical agencies that provide experience to MPTC students have the right to either accept or deny students based upon background check findings, therefore, class registration and course start does not guarantee a clinical experience. Clinical agency decisions are final.
- Healthcare and Safety Requirements – Nursing Assistant Student Health and Safety Requirements must be submitted to your instructor by the first week of class in order to participate in the clinical portion of the class. A physical examination is not required. The following forms are required:
- Read the Statement of Understanding and Functional Ability information prior to the first day of class. At times students may require special accommodations to fulfill the regulatory requirements of the program. Accommodations are defined as modifications or adjustments that allow individuals with disabilities to gain equal access and have equal opportunities to participate in MPTC’s courses, services, activities and use of the facilities. Types of accommodations that may be granted for individuals could include: lifting restrictions, devices to aid a person with impaired hearing, assistance with testing or note-taking, or pregnancy and post pregnancy related medical need. However, this is not an extensive list rather its purpose is to illustrate the types of accommodations available. For further information regarding accommodations, please contact the Accommodation Specialist on your campus by calling 1-800-472-4554. Students should make their request for services or accommodations to the Disability Resources Department. It is recommended that this be done at least eight weeks before classes begin so that the necessary accommodations can be arranged.
- Purchase the course textbook and access code package for classes April through May (spring term), use Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants with Access Code, 5th edition by Sorrentino, ISBN #9780323326940 and for classes starting in June (summer term) use Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants with Access Code, 6th edition by Sorrentino, ISBN #9780323618335 from any MPTC Campus Bookstore and bring with you on the first day of class.
- Order your name tag and purchase a navy blue scrub top for use in clinical. These supplies can be purchased at any MPTC Campus Bookstore. Plan accordingly for 2 week delivery time needed for name tag; purchased either in-person or via phone. Scrub tops will be needed for clinical, but are not required the first day of class. In addition to the scrub top, you will want to obtain navy, white, black or khaki scrub pants or skirt and white non-permeable surface athletic or white, blue or black uniform shoes for use in clinical. (Shoes must be fluid resistant, no sandals, crocs, or clogs).
- Open your myMPTC online account, set-up your Moraine Park Technical College student email account, and get your online learning login information (Canvas) prior to your first day of class. Your instructor will utilize your student email account to communicate with you. Instructions can be found at www.morainepark.edu.
- Click on myMPTC/Login Laptop icon located on the menu bar in the middle of the home screen.
- Click on Open Account for detailed instructions and contact the HELP desk if needed.
- Click on Canvas logo to retrieve course information once able to log into myMPTC.
- Release of Information – In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, Moraine Park Technical College is restricted from disclosing certain information from your student records. You may grant MPTC permission to release information from your student records to a third party by completing and signing the Student Authorization for Release of Education Records Information form. Please note, you must complete a separate form for each third party to whom you are authorizing student records access. An example of a third party is a parent or guardian, high school officials, etc. Once completed, please submit the form(s) to the MPTC Registrar’s Office.
- Nursing Assistant Program Handbook
Attendance is mandatory to ensure compliance with the State of Wisconsin requirements for Nursing Assistant training. You are required to attend ALL scheduled classes. For questions contact your Program Advisor, Anne Kallas at 262-335-5768 or email@example.com.