Please click on the highlighted links to access required forms and read further information on the Nursing Assistant Program
- A complete Background Check is required prior to registering for a Nursing Assistant course and must be accepted into the Nursing Assistant program. As part of the application process students must complete a criminal background check prior to the start of the class, this process costs $45.00 and should be started at least four (4) weeks prior to the class start date. Clinical agencies that provide experience to students have the right to deny placement based upon background check findings, therefore, class registration and course start does not guarantee a clinical experience.
- Healthcare and Safety Requirements – Nursing Assistant Student Health and Safety Requirements must be submitted to your instructor prior to the start of class in order to participate in the clinical portion of the class. A physical examination is not required; however, a clinical agency may require a drug test for an additional cost.
- Read the Nursing Assistant Functional Abilities information prior to the first day of class. At times students may require special accommodations to fulfill the regulatory requirements of the program. Accommodations are defined as modifications or adjustments that allow individuals with disabilities to gain equal access and have equal opportunities to participate in MPTC’s courses, services, activities and use of the facilities. Types of accommodations that may be granted for individuals could include: lifting restrictions, devices to aid a person with impaired hearing, assistance with testing or note-taking, or pregnancy and post pregnancy related medical need. However, this is not an extensive list rather its purpose is to illustrate the types of accommodations available. For further information regarding accommodations, please contact the Accommodation Specialist on your campus by calling 1-800-472-4554. Students should make their request for services or accommodations to the Disability Resources Department. It is recommended that this be done at least eight weeks before classes begin so that the necessary accommodations can be arranged.
- Purchase from the MPTC Online Bookstore and bring with you on the first day of class:
- Course textbook and access code package: Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care The Basics, 6th edition by Hartman Publishing, Inc. with Jetta Ruzy, RN, MS, ISBN #978-1-60425-141
- Name Badge: Moraine Park Nursing Assistant Student
- Scrub Top: S.C.R.U.B.S Unisex 3-Pocket V-neck Top, item Z1004
- Open your myMPTC online account, set-up your Moraine Park Technical College student email account, and get your online learning login information (Canvas) prior to your first day of class. Your instructor will utilize your student email account to communicate with you. Instructions can be found at www.morainepark.edu.
- Click on myMPTC/Login Laptop icon located on the menu bar in the middle of the home screen.
- Click on Open Account for detailed instructions and contact the HELP desk if needed.
- Click on Canvas logo to retrieve course information once able to log into myMPTC.
- Release of Information – In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, Moraine Park Technical College is restricted from disclosing certain information from your student records. You may grant MPTC permission to release information from your student records to a third party by completing and signing the Student Authorization for Release of Education Records Information form. Please note, you must complete a separate form for each third party to whom you are authorizing student records access. An example of a third party is a parent or guardian, high school officials, etc. Once completed, please submit the form(s) to the MPTC Registrar’s Office.
- Nursing Assistant Program Handbook
- Nursing Assistant Program Frequently Asked Questions
Attendance is mandatory to ensure compliance with the State of Wisconsin requirements for Nursing Assistant training. You are required to attend ALL scheduled classes. For questions contact your Program Advisor, or Recruitment 920-924-3208 , TTY/VP: Use Relay/VRS.