The Moraine Park Foundation was established to help students lower the cost of their education through scholarship assistance. Students need to complete one application to be matched with 90+ possible scholarship opportunities. These awards range from $250 to $3,500 and are only for Moraine Park students!
of students that applied for a Foundation Scholarship last year and met the GPA/credit load requirements received at least one scholarship!
The below workshops are designed to help you get started in the process.
Part 1 – Scholarship Essay Writing
The first step to completing any scholarship application is having an essay completed. Check out the videos below and let Emily Hayes, English Composition faculty member, help you get started.
- 1/3: This first video is intended to help prime your thought processes and begin brainstorming ideas for your scholarship essay. Click Here!
- 2/3: This section of the videos tackles the scholarship essay prompt and suggestions of how to maximize your answers to the pieces of the prompt. Click Here!
- 3/3: This section of the video series looks at the essay and its contents from the perspective of the readers. What do they see when they read about your experiences. Considering your essay from the perspecitve of the person reading it makes it more effective! Click Here!
Part 2 – Get Support!
Have you watched the videos but still have questions? Emily is offering a live Zoom session to students who have questions about the writing the essay.
- Topic: Scholarship essay support
- Time: May 4th, 2021 1:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 993 2765 8522
- Passcode: 340286
Looking for someone to review your essay after you’ve written it? Rebecca Mullane and Melissa Ewoldt are here to help!
Send a draft of your essay to them and/or your questions, and they will help make sure your essay is one to remember!
Rebecca Mullane: email@example.com
Melissa Ewoldt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essay Completed? It’s time to submit your application!
Once your essay is complete the next step is to complete the application itself. Follow this link to apply to the Foundation Scholarship.
Students should have the following items with them to help in the process: A list of three references with contact information, general employment information, a high school or college GPA. Your advisor can help you find your college GPA if you need help.
Check out this Foundation Scholarship FAQ!