Guidelines for Using Financial Aid at eCampus Bookstores
You may be able to charge textbook and educationally related supplies for your courses. Financial aid funds aren’t disbursed until after the start of the term, but you need books right away, so we’ve set up a way for you to charge books at eCampus bookstores before your funds are disbursed.
The following must be completed at least 2 business days in advance of ordering online through morainepark.ecampus.com to ensure your funds are available in the bookstore system:
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Meet the College’s Academic Standing requirements.
- Have sufficient funding from federal or state grants and/or
- Federal Stafford Loans to cover tuition, fees and bookstore charges.
- Accept your financial aid award and authorize eCampus charges by accepting the Terms and Conditions of the award in myMPTC.
- Complete the required Entrance Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov if awarded student loans.
I’m eligible, now what?
- Go to morainepark.ecampus.com to “Shop Textbooks by Schedule” with your student login credentials to charge books during the specified dates.
- After books are purchased, the charges will appear on MaxPay. Financial aid funding will begin disbursing after the Date of Record (the 15th calendar day of each semester). At that time, those funds will be applied to your balance. If there is funding in excess of tuition, fees and bookstore charges, a refund will be generated.
- Charged books may be returned according to the bookstore return policy. If the textbook meets the return criteria, a credit will be applied to your student account. There are no cash refunds.
- Once the charging time period has expired, you will need to purchase books and/or supplies with your own personal funds.
- Dates to begin purchasing using financial aid funds can be found on our Important Student Dates page.
Important things to remember
- Students will not be permitted to charge non-essential items including, but not limited to, clothing, food, drinks, and convenience items.
- You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance. Failure to pay all charges on your account will prevent you from registering for future courses, a hold will be placed on your academic records, and your debt will be referred to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for collection.
Funded by an agency or employer?
Sponsors that wish to cover the cost of books for students will set up an account directly with eCampus. Detailed instructions can be found HERE.
1-800-472-4554, TTY/VP: Use Relay/VRS