Using Financial Aid at the Bookstore
GUIDELINES FOR USING FINANCIAL AID AT THE BOOKSTORE
You may be able to charge textbook and educationally related supplies for yhttps://www.bkstr.com/moraineparkstore/homeour courses. Financial aid funds aren’t disbursed until after the start of the term, but you need books right away, so we’ve set up a way for you to charge books at MPTC bookstores before your funds are disbursed.
SUMMER 2020 DATES: May 21st – June 15th
FALL 2020 DATES: August 12th – September 4th
SPRING 2020 DATES: January 11th – February 5th
The following must be completed at least 2 business days in advance of coming to the bookstore or ordering online to ensure your funds are available in the bookstore system:
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Meet the College’s Academic Standing requirements.
- Have sufficient funding from federal or state grants and/or
- Federal Stafford Loans to cover tuition, fees and bookstore charges.
- Accept your financial aid award and authorize bookstore charges by accepting the Terms and Conditions of the award in myMPTC.
- Complete the required Entrance Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov if awarded student loans.
I’M ELIGIBLE, NOW WHAT?:
To charge books during the specified dates:
- Go to the Moraine Park bookstore on any campus with your student ID, student ID number, and a copy of your course schedule
- Go to morainepark.edu/bookstore to order your textbooks online and have them shipped directly to you or to any college campus bookstore.
- After books are purchased, the charges will appear on your myMPTC student account. All financial aid funding will begin disbursing after the Date of Record (the 15th calendar day of each semester). At that time, those funds will be applied to your balance. If there is funding in excess of tuition, fees and bookstore charges, a refund will be generated.
- Charged books may be returned according to the bookstore return policy. If the textbook meets the return criteria, a credit will be applied to your student account. There are no cash refunds.
- Once the charging time period has expired, you will need to purchase books and/or supplies with your own personal funds.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Students will not be permitted to charge non-essential items including, but not limited to, clothing, food, drinks, and convenience items.
- You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance. Failure to pay all charges on your account will prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold will be placed on all your academic records. Your debt will also be referred to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for collection.
FUNDED BY AN AGENCY OR EMPLOYER?
Your third party contract authorization must be completed and submitted to Accounting and Financial Services at least 2 business days in advance of coming to the bookstore or ordering online to ensure your funds are available in the bookstore system.