The expansion of Moraine Park’s West Bend Campus facilities will add a Manufacturing, Automation and Robotics Lab to support advanced manufacturing, welding, metal fabrication and robotics for apprenticeship degree programs and job training.
This expansion will:
• Bring seven new manufacturing programs to the West Bend Campus.
• Increase opportunities for high school students to earn college credits at the regional high schools.
• There are expected to be more than 14,000 manufacturing jobs open over the next 10 years.
• The seven new programs will help to fill the job growth gap over the next ten years and will offer hands-on training facilities for use by the district high schools.
• 26% of jobs in our district are manufacturing.
• 64% of students work within MPTC’s district after graduation.
Estimated cost: $18.5 million
Phase 1: Robotics and Adv. Manufacturing Addition
- Design – will begin this month and be completed by June 2023
- State Board final approval – March 2024
- District Board final approval – April 2024
- Addition construction – May 2024 to March 2025
- Open – Summer 2025
Phase 2: Conference Center and Front Entrance Addition
- Design – will be designed July to December 2023
- State Board final approval – March 2025
- District Board final approval – April 2025
- Addition construction – April 2025 to December 2025
- Open – Spring 2026