The purchase of land and construction of a new fire training facility in the Moraine Park District will help meet the current demand for firefighters and paramedics at the 40 fire departments in our region.
The proposed new construction will bring:
– Facilities that will allow hands-on training include:
– Live fire conditions
– Burn with props
– Controlled fire situations for a lower-risk training experience.
• The district is in need of highly trained firefighters.
• A centrally located facility will allow MPTC to provide training to the majority of our 50 community partner
• A new centrally located center will provide the required training to ensure firefighters are ready to serve their communities
• Allows student firefighters to train high-risk/low-frequency skills in the safety of a training environment.
Estimated cost: $9.3 million
- Design – near completion
- Negotiations for land purchase and developer agreement with City of Horicon – now through mid-April
- State Board final approval for land purchase and entire project – March 2023
- District Board final approval – April 2023
- Building construction, fire tower installation, and infrastructure work – July 2023 to June 2024
- Open – Fall 2024