The purchase of land and construction of a new fire training facility in the Moraine Park District will help meet the current demand for firefighters and paramedics at the 50+ fire departments in our region.
Horicon Regional Center
THE FACILITY AND LEARNING LABS
- Located on Highway 33, between Beaver Dam and Horicon.
- The 28-acre lot will house the College’s new:
- 17,937-square-foot building for lab and instructional space.
- 3,500-square-foot fire training tower.
- Facilities will allow:
- Live fire conditions.
- Burning with props.
- Controlled fire situations at a lower-risk training experience.
THE EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Will serve as a central learning space for firefighters and paramedics at the 50+ fire departments in the region.
- The new associate degree program, Fire Protection Technician, will begin in the spring of 2024.
- Includes Fire and EMT certifications.
- Has space for other programs or classes, helping to meet extended employer needs district-wide.
- Groundbreaking scheduled for late September.
- Mike Koenig Construction Co., Inc. will serve as the lead contractor.
- Call for Bids due Monday, August 7.
- Land on Highway 33, between Horicon and Highway 26, was purchased in June 2023.
- Design – completed
- Negotiations for land purchase and developer agreement with City of Horicon – now through mid-April
- State Board final approval for land purchase and entire project – March 2023
- District Board final approval – April 2023
- Building construction, fire tower installation, and infrastructure work – July 2023 to June 2024
- Open – Fall 2024