The enhancement of Moraine Park’s manufacturing and trades wing on the Fond du Lac Campus will create classrooms and specialized labs to address local workforce shortages and provide enhanced spaces for instruction in software training, programming, product design, manufacturing and robotics.
The proposed enhancement will bring:
• A larger learning space with more equipment that is reflective of industry standards and offers students a seamless transition from college to career.
• Increased opportunities for high school students to learn college credits at the 27 district high schools.
• There are expected to be more than 14,000 manufacturing jobs open over the next 10 years.
• 26% of jobs in the district are in manufacturing.
• 64% of students work within MPTC’s district after graduation.
Estimated cost: $13.7 million*
*We received $2 million in donation pledges to help offset the cost of this project.
- Design – complete
- State Board final approval – March 2023
- District Board final approval – April 2023
Phase 1: AIR Center Addition/East End of B-wing Remodel
- May to December 2023
- Open – Spring 2024
Phase 2: Remaining B-wing Remodel
- January to June 2024
- Open – Fall 2024