Facebook Pixel Tracking

Federal GI Bill® Benefits

Veterans and certain eligible dependents may be entitled to educational benefits under various programs administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Moraine Park Technical College has been approved by the Wisconsin State Approving Agency for training of qualified individuals under approved programs and all public laws pertaining to Veterans educational benefits. Moraine Park assists with the GI Bill process and serves as a liaison between various Federal and State agencies, the College, and our students.  For more information concerning eligibility and the period of eligibility, contact the nearest VA Office or your County Veterans Service Office.

The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs. To apply, go to www.va.gov.

The GI Bill comparison tool provides key information about college affordability and value so beneficiaries can choose the best education program for their needs. Try out the Comparison Tool today.

To utilize your Federal GI Bill ® benefits at Moraine Park, submit the following to the Veterans Certifying Official:

  • Federal Certificate of Eligibility (mailed from the VA once your application is processed).
  • Discharge papers/DD-214
  • VA Form 22-1995 (only if you’ve previously used Federal GI Bill benefits at another institution).

Covered individuals who provide their certificate of eligibility for either Post 9/11 or VA Vocational Rehabilitation will be held in classes without penalty for 90 days, in accordance with the Veterans Benefits and Transaction Act of 2018.

To receive maximum benefits, a veteran must be enrolled full-time in an associate of applied science degree or technical diploma.  Further information is available from the Veterans certifying official.

Keep in mind:

  • Only courses required for your degree program may be funded.
  • Accelerated, short, or distance learning courses could affect your monthly housing payments.
  • You may be required to repay over payments to Moraine Park or the VA for courses that are dropped or not attended.

You must request to be certified to the VA each semester. Fill out the Veteran Certification Request Form once your selection of classes is complete. It is the responsibility of the student receiving veteran education benefits to notify the Veterans certifying official of enrollment, changes in enrollment and withdrawal.

Veteran Standard of Progress

All Veterans must continue to make satisfactory progress.  As required by the VA, Moraine Park Technical College will report unsatisfactory progress in accordance with the information found in Academic Standards.

GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.va.gov.