FAFSA Simplification Act
Due to the passing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Simplification Act on December 27, 2020, as a part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, the FAFSA is changing for the 2024-2025 aid year.
You can expect the following changes:
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available until December 2023.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA determines your financial aid eligibility for the fall 2024, spring 2025 and summer 2025 terms.
- The FAFSA application process will be streamlined and easier for students to complete.
- New terminology will be added to the FAFSA.
- Eligibility for federal financial aid will be expanded.
We will continue to update this page as additional information becomes available. You can learn more about the specific changes, timeline and how to prepare below.