Phi Theta Kappa
Did you know – Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) is the world’s largest honor society for community college students!
- Students dedicated to academic success with a minimum of 12 credits and a GPA of 3.5 or above, are invited to join the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- Membership eligibility is a special honor for outstanding students.
- Phi Theta Kappa membership guarantees you access to many benefits. As a member, your academic excellence will be recognized with a Golden Key Membership Pin, membership certificate, notation of membership on your transcripts and diploma, and the privilege of wearing Phi Theta Kappa regalia at graduation.
- Other benefits include a news release announcing your membership sent to your local newspaper and letters of recommendation to scholarship officials and potential employers. You will be automatically enrolled free of charge in a transfer planning program that also includes detailed information on transfer scholarships offered only to Phi Theta Kappa members.
- Each student pays a one-time membership fee of $95.00. *Please note, Golden Opportunity scholarships to cover $60 of your membership fee are available each semester.
- Your local chapter at Moraine Park Technical College is the Beta Mu Kappa Chapter.
- Beta Mu Kappa holds a formal member induction ceremony each April.
- Join our MPTC Beta Mu Kappa Facebook page here to participate in leadership learning activities and community service projects.
- Canvas users can also join our Canvas course!
If you have any questions concerning membership, please don’t hesitate to contact us.