- Capitalize only those words that are part of the full official name of the scholarship.
Example: Lillian Lloyd Marx Memorial Scholarship.
- Do not capitalize.
- Do not capitalize the common names of semesters, terms, academic sessions or periods.
- Mainly used to separate independent clauses. Use the semicolon to separate items in a series when they are long and complex or when at least one of them involves other punctuation.
- setup/set up
- setup (n.) a carriage of the body. Set up (v.) To raise and to place.
- sign-up/sign up
- sign-up (n. adj.), sign up (v.)
The sign-up date...; please sign up by Tuesday.
- Social Security number, SSN
- Avoid SS# and the redundant SSN#.