- M.S., M.S.Ed.
- master’s degree
- Master of Arts in Journalism, Master of Science in Biology.
- Only put a hyphen after mid if it is followed by a number or a capitalized word; midsemester, midterm, midwest, midwestern; but mid-1990s, mid-September, etc.
- Moraine Park Technical College website
- morainepark.edu (always lowercase letters.)
- more than, over
- Use more than to discuss numbers:
The United Way raised more than $50,000.
Use over to discuss spatial relationships:
A plane flew over the building.
- (miles per gallon)
- No hyphen generally when used as a prefix:
multicampus, multipurpose, etc.
Exceptions: words beginning with i: multi-institutional