- Programs & Courses
- Programs & Courses
- General Education Requirements
- Academic Standards
- Class Schedule
- Online Learning
- Self-paced Learning
- Continuing Education
- Basic Education, GED & ELL
- Community Impact
- Transfer Opportunities
- High School Opportunities
- Types of Programs
- Admission & Registration
- Admission & Registration
- Enroll in a Program
- Take a Class
- Important Student Dates
- Academic Calendar
- Student Consumer Information
- Resources for Homeschool Students
- Financial Aid
- About Financial Aid
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Types of Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Forms
- Loan Requirements
- GradReady Financial Wellness
- Veteran Benefits
- Business & Industry
- Facilities Rental
- Food Services
- Public Surplus
- Student Learning Labs
- Student Life
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Open Computer Labs
- Academic Advising
- Career Center
- Counseling Services
- Disability Resources
- Diversity Relations
- Student Employment Services
- Non-traditional Occupations
- Transcripts and Student Records
- TRIO Student Support Services / EDGE
- Tech Knowledge College
- Technology Help
- About MPTC
- About MPTC
- Campus & Visitor Information
- College Leadership
- College Data & Demographics
- Adjunct Faculty
- Faculty Credentialing
- A Great Place to Work
- Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity
- Department Directory
- Administration and Faculty
- Fair Trade College
- NEXT Magazine
It is the practice of Moraine Park Technical College to allow community groups and organizations the use of our facilities when such use does not interfere or conflict with MPTC’s educational mission or guiding principles. Individuals or organizations that would use the facility in direct competition with MPTC’s services or program are not eligible to use MPTC facilities.
Requests for use of MPTC facilities will be honored on an as-available basis after MPTC instructional needs have been met. Requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis with no reservations accepted more than one calendar year in advance.
MPTC reserves the right to make facilities available free of charge or to reduce rental and service fees for events sponsored by MPTC administration, student organizations, divisions or academic departments. Such events must be offered free of charge to the general public. The following chart provides the rental fee structure for all MPTC campuses:
Classroom/Meeting Rooms Profit & Out-of-District
Specialized Labs/VC/ Profit & Out-of-District
Auditorium/Conference Centers Profit & Out-of-District
AMTC Lobby (includes custodial setup) Profit & Out-of-District
Cafeteria/Park Terrace Restaurant Profit & Out-of-District
A $50/hr. fee is added to all charges if the event is held during a time the campus is closed. Non-profit organizations must show legal non-profit status approved by the Internal Revenue Service. Groups/agencies not supplying a nonprofit tax-exempt number and nonprofit organizations charging an admission or participation fee will be billed. All fee reductions or waivers must be approved by a campus administrator.
After the event, MPTC will bill that organization for the cost of the event. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice.
Room/Equipment Reservation Procedure
The applicant must contact the campus and indicate the specified date(s), time(s), nature of the event, technology needs, attendance by public officials, and size of the group. Appropriate space will be reserved, pending return of the signed “Application for Rental of MPTC Facilities” form.
Applications must be made at least 30 days in advance and the signed “Application for Rental of MPTC Facilities” forms must be returned to the campus coordinator within 10 business days of the event.
Ample parking is available at each campus and is provided free of charge.
Notification of cancellation is required. Failure to provide a 48-hour notification of cancellation may compromise future ability to access MPTC facilities. MPTC reserves the right to cancel any reservation for use of its facilities within 45 calendar days prior to the date of the scheduled activity.
All users are responsible for damage caused to persons or property as a result of intentional or negligent conduct during their use of the facilities or equipment. At the discretion of the campus coordinator, liability insurance up to $1,000,000 may be required at the expense of the renting individual, group, or organization. The Certificate of Insurance shall be filed with the campus coordinator three (3) days prior to the event.
Organizers of on-campus events must use the campus-contracted caterer; any exceptions must be approved by College administration. Catering contacts are identified on the application. User groups are responsible for payment for the guaranteed number or the actual number served, whichever amount is greater. Refer to the policy tab of the catering request link for additional policies regarding scheduling and cancellation, service charges, etc. Catering arrangements can be made by Moraine Park staff for a fee of $20 per hour, including the cost of food.
Consumption and Serving of Alcoholic Beverages on MPTC Property
Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed or carried in on the premises of MPTC except at those functions sponsored by District departments or hosted by outside agencies utilizing college facilities as approved by College administration. Authorization to sell, distribute, and/or consume alcoholic beverages is subject to the laws, regulations and ordinances of the State of Wisconsin, the local municipality, and the procedures of MPTC. In all cases, participants must provide some visible form of official identification to verify that the individual is of legal drinking age. Non-alcoholic beverages must also be available to event attendees.
- No controlled substances or person under their influences as defined by Wisconsin Statutes at the time of the proposed use shall be permitted on the premises.
- Moraine Park Technical College is a tobacco free campus. This includes buildings, grounds, parking lots and internal sidewalks. Tobacco use is allowed in private vehicles only.
- Use, concealment, creation, manufacture, or possession of weapons, whether functional or not, in College facilities or at College sponsored activities, held on public or private property off campus is strictly prohibited unless you are a certified,
sworn police officer or military personnel with legal permission to carry weapons in the State of Wisconsin.
- No gambling of any kind or nature shall be permitted in or on Moraine Park premises or buildings.
- Users requesting the use of MPTC campus facilities must have an MPTC staff member present on campus during the entiretime that the activity(ies) are being conducted.
- Users shall use the designated facilities only during the specified hours on the specified days of the week. Any use at any other time must be specifically approved in advance by MPTC.
- Users and/or his/her representatives must observe all health, fire, and safety rules of MPTC, the State of Wisconsin, and the federal government while on the property of MPTC.
- Users shall adhere to all MPTC policies and procedures. Specific offenses strictly prohibited include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct that constitutes a serious danger to the personal safety of other members of the MPTC campus community.
- Physical or verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, or detention of any person on MPTC property which
endangers the health, safety, or rights of others.
- Conduct that damages or destroys MPTC property or attempts to damage or destroy MPTC property or facilities.
- Conduct that obstructs, impairs, or attempts to obstruct or impair MPTC-activities or sponsored events
- Unauthorized entry into or use of MPTC property or facilities.
- Making a knowing false statement, orally or in writing, to any MPTC employee.
- Use, possession, sale, or distribution of narcotics, illegal drugs, explosives, unauthorized weapons or dangerous chemicals on MPTC-owned property.