REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 10-515-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is eligible for financial aid
Full-Time Enrollment Only
This program is designed to prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
Respiratory therapists, as members of a team of health care professionals, work to evaluate, treat and manage patients of all ages with respiratory illnesses and other cardiopulmonary disorders in a wide variety of clinical settings. In addition to performing respiratory care procedures, respiratory therapists are involved in clinical decision-making (such as patient evaluation, treatment selection and assessment of treatment efficacy) and patient education.
The scope of practice for respiratory therapy includes, but is not limited to: assessing the cardiopulmonary status of patients, drawing blood samples, performing blood gas analysis and pulmonary function testing, initiating ordered respiratory care, evaluating and monitoring patients' responses to such care, modifying the prescribed respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary procedures and life support endeavors to achieve desired therapeutic objectives, providing patient, family and community education, and participating in life support activities as required. At graduation, the student is qualified for admission to the entry-level and advanced practitioner examinations to become a registered respiratory therapist.
The Moraine Park Respiratory Therapist Program, CoARC #200444, awards an associate of applied science degree. The program is located on the Fond du Lac campus and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (www.coarc.com).
*Outcomes data from the 2017 Annual Report of Current Status has been posted on the CoARC website. Follow this link directly to the Programmatic Outcomes Data page: https://www.coarc.com/Students/Programmatic-Outcome-Data.aspx.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Apply respiratory therapy concepts to patient care situations.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency required to fulfill the role of a Respiratory Therapist
- Practice respiratory therapy according to established professional and ethical standards.
- Respiratory Therapist
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Respiratory Care Therapist
- Staff Therapist
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Therapist
- Perinatal/Pediatric Therapist
- Pulmonary Function Technologist/Therapist
- Sleep Disorder Center Technician
- Nursing Home Therapist
- Respiratory Care Educator
- Pulmonary Case Navigator
- Home Care Therapist/Manager
- Acute Care Respiratory Therapist
- Visit the Admissions Page for details
- In addition to standard admissions, this program also has:
- Health Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
Clinical/Core Admissions Requirements:
- Petition Process. Any questions, please contact Ronaldo Cordeiro, Academic Advisor, at 920-924-6376.
- 806-177 General Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
|515-171||Respiratory Therapeutics 1||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|515-112||Respiratory Airway Management||2|
|515-172||Respiratory Therapeutics 2||3|
|515-174||Respiratory and Cardiac Physiology||3|
|515-175||Respiratory Clinical 1||2|
|515-113||Respiratory Life Support||3|
|515-178||Respiratory Clinical 2||3|
|515-179||Respiratory Clinical 3||3|
|809-1xx||Behavioral Science Course||3|
|515-180||Respiratory Neonatal and Pediatric Care||2|
|515-181||Respiratory and Cardio Diagnostics||3|
|515-182||Respiratory Clinical 4||3|
|515-183||Respiratory Clinical 5||3|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||68|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Additional Program Requirements
Due to accreditation requirements, completion of mock certification and registry exams are required for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Clinical evaluation of competencies is the exit assessment graduation requirement for the program.
For more information on our Sleep Technician Program click here.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.