REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 97-513-1
School Year: 2018-2019
Campus: Fond du Lac, West Bend
This two-course certificate prepares individuals to collect blood specimens via venipuncture and capillary puncture procedures for the purposes of laboratory analysis.
The courses are taken in sequence over two semesters. The first course, Phlebotomy Essentials, provides the student with theory, safety techniques and regulations, infection control, and procedural applications and training. You will utilize medical terminology and basic laboratory equipment. The second course, Phlebotomy Clinical, places students at clinical sites. Travel is required for clinical sites, and clinical times may vary.
Upon completion of the certificate, students may take the national certification examination offered by the Board of Certification.
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (required for this program).
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Students who enroll in this certificate must complete the series of three hepatitis B immunizations and be 18 years of age or older in order to begin the Phlebotomy courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.