REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 31-536-1
School Year: 2018-2019
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac, shared with Lakeshore Technical College
If you're ill or injured, you have access to an enormous variety of therapeutic medications, and you trust your pharmacy to correctly interpret and fill your prescriptions. Pharmacy technicians contribute to our safety by assisting pharmacists in a variety of technical tasks. If you're attentive to detail; organized; a good communicator; and like math, science, and working with people, a career as a pharmacy technician may be your prescription for success. The Pharmacy Technician program conducted by Lakeshore Technical College, Cleveland, WI is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Special Note: LTC offers its Pharmacy Technician program in cooperation with technical colleges across the state. As a pharmacy technician student, you'll attend live, interactive TV classes sent from LTC to Moraine Park; receive laboratory training in local pharmacies; participate in real-world, hands-on training during a 4-week clinical program; and take general studies classes at Moraine Park. For more information, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Pharmacy Technician program information.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Demonstrate personal/interpersonal knowledge and skills in the practice of pharmacy.
- Demonstrate foundational professional knowledge and skills for the practice of pharmacy.
- Prepare prescriptions/medication orders and pharmaceutical products for dispensing, distribution, and disposal.
- Compound sterile and nonsterile medications.
- Follow established policies and procedures for procurement, billing, reimbursement and inventory management.
- Utilize pharmacy technology and informatics.
- Adhere to state and federal regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance to the practice of pharmacy.
- Home IV Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician employed at Community Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician employed at Hospital Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician employed at Nursing Home Pharmacy
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at the host college granting the degree. Please submit the following to Lakeshore Technical College:
- College admission application
- $30 one-time fee
- High school and other official college transcripts
- College assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). Note: The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with a representative at the host college to review course sequencing.
- Check with the host college if any additional steps are required.