REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 10-531-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is eligible for financial aid
Full-Time Enrollment Only
Moraine Park Technical College's Paramedic Technician program strives to prepare competent entry-level Paramedic Technicians in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains to perform prehospital medical procedures. People's lives often depend on the quick reaction and competent care of emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics. Paramedics with additional advanced training can perform more difficult and demanding prehospital medical procedures. Incidents as varied as automobile accidents, heart attacks, drowning, childbirth and gunshot wounds all require immediate, professional medical attention. As a paramedic, you will provide this vital attention as you care for and transport the sick or injured. Major topics to be covered include patient assessment, pharmacology, pediatrics, ambulance/system operations, trauma, respiratory emergencies and medical emergencies.
Acceptance in the Paramedic Technician program required including health requirements and criminal background check. Students must be a licensed EMT or AEMT and maintain such licensure throughout the program.
After completing this program, you must successfully pass the State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic practical examination and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic written examination to qualify for a Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic license.
General Studies courses may be completed on a part-time basis for this program.
The Paramedic Technician program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of the Educational Programs for Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
25400 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33763 • 727.218.2350 • www.caahep.org
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Prepare for incident response and EMS Operations.
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters.
- Demonstrate paramedic skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Meet state and national competency requirements for paramedic credentialing.
- Private Ambulance Companies
- Municipal Fire Departments
- Flight Paramedic
- Critical Care Transport Paramedic
- Private Emergency Response Teams
- Hospital Emergency and Critical Care Departments
- Visit the Admissions Page for details
- In addition to standard admissions, this program also has:
- Health Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|531-912||Paramedic Medical Principles||4|
|531-913||Patient Assessment Principles||3|
|531-915||Paramedic Respiratory Management||2|
|531-917||Paramedic Clinical Field 1||3|
|531-919||Paramedic Medical Emergencies||4|
|531-921||Special Patient Populations||3|
|531-924||Paramedic Clinical Field 2||4|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|806-177||General Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|806-179||Advanced Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|Required Elective Credits||2|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||66|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.