REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 10-543-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
This program is eligible for financial aid
Full-Time Enrollment Only
The Nursing - Associate Degree With a Practical Nursing Exit Point program prepares graduates for careers as nurses (LPN and/or RN) in ambulatory care settings, acute care settings and long-term care organizations, as defined by the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. After successfully completing the first two semesters of the program, students are eligible to write the Practical Nursing National Council Licensure Examination. At this point, students could job out and seek employment as LPNs or continue on in the remaining two semesters and prepare to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. Petition selection is in spring and fall.
Students receive classroom instruction, laboratory practice and clinical nursing experiences.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326 (phone 1-404-975-5000) and the Wisconsin Board of Nursing (phone 1-608-267-2357). https://www.acenursing.org/
Helpful high school courses include chemistry, biology, mathematics, reading, writing and oral communication.
Moraine Park Technical College Nursing Program Results
2018 NCLEX Pass Rates
Passing Mean: 99%
National Passing Mean: 85%
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Implement one's role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices, and an evolving professional identity as a nurse committed to evidence-based practice, caring advocacy and quality care.
- Demonstrate appropriate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication in a variety of clinical contexts.
- Integrate social, mathematical, and physical sciences, pharmacology, and pathophysiology in clinical decision making.
- Provide patient centered care by utilizing the nursing process across diverse populations and health care settings.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, members of the health care team and self through safe individual performance and participation in system effectiveness.
- Lead the multidisciplinary health care team to provide effective patient care throughout the lifespan.
- Use information and technology to communicate, manage data, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Entry level; after passing National Council Licensure Exam
- Staff Nurse
- Primary Nurse
Career Pathways offer a guide to help you achieve your education and employment goals. With short-term education options based on stackable credits, Career Pathways allow you to build upon your education goals as you plan your career advancement. At each step of the way, your classes will stack to more advanced certificates and diplomas, earning industry recognized credentials that provide you potentially new employment opportunities.
Nursing Program Outcomes
Aggregated Data for Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac and West Bend
- Graduates' Success on the National Council of Licensure Exam for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN):
Expected level of achievement:
80% of first time test takes will pass on first attempt. Performance of ADN graduates will be at or above the national average on NCLEX 1st attempt.
Results: Aggregated program NCLEX-RN pass rate:
- 2018 (Spring): 98%
- 2017: 93.6%
- 2016: 88.3%
- 2015: 96.97%
2. Program Completion:
Expected level of achievement:
60 % or more of ADN students will complete the nursing program within 150% of program length.
Results: (academic year, July 1 through June 30)
- 2018 (Spring): 69.4%
- 2017: 78.2%
- 2016: 72.2%
3. Job Placement:
Expected level of achievement:
90% of graduates responding to survey will report employment within one year of graduation..
Results: Employment rates (academic year, July 1 through June 30)
- 2017/2018: in progress
- 2016/2017: 93%
- 2015/2016: 90%
- 2014/2015: 98%
Clinical Admissions Requirements
- Petition Requirements (For Petition Requirements see myMPTC Student, My Academics, Program Information, Program Forms, Nursing Petition Process)
- 806-177 General Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
- 806-179 Advanced Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|543-104||Nursing: Introduction to Clinical Practice||2|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|543-105||Nursing: Health Alterations||3|
|543-106||Nursing: Health Promotion||3|
|543-107||Nursing: Clinical Care Across the Lifespan||2|
|543-108||Nursing: Introduction to Clinical Care Management||2|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|543-109||Nursing: Complex Health Alterations 1||3|
|543-110||Nursing: Mental Health and Community Concepts||2|
|543-111||Nursing: Intermediate Clinical Practice||3|
|543-112||Nursing Advanced Skills||1|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|543-113||Nursing: Complex Health Alterations 2||3|
|543-114||Nursing: Management and Professional Concepts||2|
|543-115||Nursing: Advanced Clinical Practice||3|
|543-116||Nursing Clinical Transition||2|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||68|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
An exit assessment is a graduation requirement for Practical Nursing Exit. Clinical evaluations are an exit assessment graduation requirement for the Associate Degree Nursing program.
Practical Nursing Exit must complete all courses in Semesters 1 and 2 including Institutional Requirements.
Nursing - Associate Degree with a Practical Nursing Exit Point Job Placement Rate
This is the number of students that gain employment in the Nursing - Associate Degree with a Practical Nursing Exit Point program within six months of graduation as published in the Graduation Follow-up Report found at https://www.morainepark.edu/about-mptc/college-data-and-demographics/graduate-data/The College annually conducts a survey with graduates six months after they graduate to better understand their employment status and satisfaction with their Moraine Park education. The data from the survey is compiled into the Graduate Follow-Up Report, which is solely based on confidential surveys completed by Moraine Park graduates.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.