REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 31-154-7
School Year: 2019-2020
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac, West Bend
This program is eligible for financial aid
The Information Technology - Help Desk Support Specialist technical diploma prepares students for entry-level positions to provide technical assistance for hardware, software and/or mobile applications to end users. Introduces help desk functions through help desk software with an emphasis on customer service and communication skills for help desk employees. Students will learn to manage IT projects through creation of training sessions and documentation for end users while researching marketing and communications tools for a help desk. All courses directly transfer to the Information Technology - Technical Support Specialist Associate Degree.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Answer inquiries regarding computer software, mobile or hardware operation to resolve technical issues.
- Maintain documentation of concerns and resolution.
- Conduct research, develop training materials for end users.
- Confer with staff, users and management during IT projects.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Information Technology Specialist (IT Specialist)
Visit the Admissions Page for details
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|150-102||Introduction to O/S||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|150-115||Emerging Innovations in Technology||3|
|154-113||Help Desk Concepts||3|
|154-116||Computer Software Support||3|
|154-117||Computer Hardware Support||3|
|154-125||Mobile Device Management||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||30|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.