REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 31-601-2
School Year: 2019-2020
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: West Bend
This program is eligible for financial aid
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) jobs are expected to see higher than average growth for the foreseeable future according to the U.S. Department of Labor. This high job growth creates a need for intensive vocational training in HVAC/R programs, leading students to become skilled technicians in their field.
Moraine Park Technical College (MPTC) offers a technical diploma program where students learn the principles of air conditioning and heating service and installation, and design of heating and air conditioning systems. This program includes hands-on training in applications of refrigeration, hot water/steam heating, fundamentals of electricity, electric motors and controls, and studies in the movement of air specific to HVAC/R applications. In 2014, a laboratory and simulated construction environment was completed, giving HVAC/R students a state-of-the-art learning experience.
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Install residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Commission (start up) and service residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Install commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Commission (start up) and service commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Install commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Commission (start up) and service commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Air-Balancing Technician
- Service Representative
- Building Automation Specialist
- Commercial Refrigeration Technician
- Computer/Web Based Controls (BAS)
- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Employment at an entry level includes: Testing and Balancing of Air and Water Movement; Installation; Energy Auditing; Sales
Visit the Admissions Page for details
|601-107||Electricity and Electronics HVAC||3|
|601-108||Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Schematics||2|
|601-120||Fundamentals of Refrigeration||3|
|601-121||Refrigeration Service Techniques||2|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|601-122||Residential Air Conditioning||3|
|601-123||Residential Heating Systems||3|
|601-134||Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning||4|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||30|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
***Students will obtain OSHA 10 certification thru completion of the HVAC/R Code course (601-109).
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.