REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 31-546-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: West Bend
This program is eligible for financial aid
The Health and Wellness Technician program prepares students for a career as a technician in a fitness facility, healthcare organization, insurance company, health risk assessment company, or holistic healthcare setting. The program focuses on wellness concepts, nutrition, human anatomy, theory/practice of fitness, customer service and healthcare technology systems. Upon completion of the technical diploma, students can become certified as an ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Group Fitness Instructor and/or become Wisconsin state certified in the chiropractic health setting in therapies and radiography. The courses in this technical diploma transfer into the Health and Wellness associate of applied science degree.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Learn how to create a culture of wellness within an organization.
- Employ holistic wellness strategies to implement behavior modification and lifestyle change in clients.
- Explain the causes of chronic disease and how to prevent and manage chronic disease through lifestyle and behavior modification.
- Assist in patient education and office operations.
- Lead and evaluate personal and group fitness and strength training exercise sessions. (Fitness emphasis)
- Administer therapeutic modalities and radiographic imaging. (Chiropractic emphasis)
- Fitness Trainer
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Chiropractic Technician
- Chiropractic Radiologic Technician
Visit the Admissions Page for details
|501-104||Culture of Healthcare||2|
|501-107||Digital Literacy for Healthcare||2|
|546-110||Natural Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-112||Nutrition for Health and Wellness||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|546-120||Advanced Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-122||Theory and Practice of Fitness||3|
|- OR -|
|546-126||Strength Training and Group Fitness||3|
|546-128||Chiropractic Radiologic Technician||3|
|- OR -|
|546-130||Fitness Testing and Prescription||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||30|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.