REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 97-444-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Campus: West Bend
This program is NOT eligible for financial aid
In a manufacturing environment where machines do much of the labor, the human touch is needed to ensure consistent productivity and high quality of goods. Computer numerical controlled (CNC) equipment operators handle the initial startup of a program, maintain quality control of the parts being machined and troubleshoot CNC machine tools when necessary.
Moraine Park's CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate is designed for individuals who have limited or no manufactuirng background in the setup and operation of CNC equipment. This certificate covers how to perform:
- Operation of machine tools
- Computer operations
- Entry-level CNC programming
- CNC setup
- CNC operation
- Industrial trades math
- Blueprint reading
- Use of precision measuring equipment
Tools And Equipment
Students must purchase tool kits for this program.
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Graduates of the CNC Set-Up/Operator Certificate are encouraged to continue their formal training; Moraine Park offers a two-year CNC/Tool and Die Technologies technical diploma program. All courses of the certificate are transferable into the technical diploma program. Graduates of the certificate can find employment in machine shops, metal fabrication, tool and die shops, furniture and wood product manufacturers, and plastics manufacturers.
Visit the Admissions Page for details
|103-159||Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|439-399||2D CAD Mold and Die Print Reading||2|
|804-360||Occupational Mathematics 1||2|
|444-340||Beginning CAM - Mastercam||2|
|444-355||CNC Machining Center Programming||2|
|444-365||CNC Machining Center Operation||2|
|804-361||Occupational Mathematics 2||2|
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.