REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 31-101-1
School Year: 2019-2020
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
This program is eligible for financial aid
The Accounting Assistant program prepares students to perform entry-level bookkeeping and accounting work. Graduates may work in a small business and be responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping or work in a larger firm and specialize in a certain area under the supervision of an accountant. The program combines hands-on computer training with accounting concepts and procedures. It serves as a solid foundation for further study in the accounting field. Courses are directly transferrable into Moraine Park’s Accounting associate of applied science degree.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $136.50 per credit (resident)
- $204.75 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Process financial transactions throughout the accounting cycle.
- Analyze basic financial and business information to support planning and decision-making.
- Perform payroll preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Payroll Specialist
- Individual Income Tax Preparer
Visit the Admissions Page for details
|101-138||Data Management, Analysis and Reporting||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|101-123||Income Tax Accounting||3|
|101-134||Introduction to Finance||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||35|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.