Program Number: 97-307-2
School Year: 2018-2019
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
The Infant/Toddler Credential Certificate is composed of four courses (12 credits) that specifically focus on providing care to children from birth to three years of age. Students learn the emotional, mental and physical development for these ages; how to create developmentally appropriate activities; how to guide behaviors; and how to be sensitive to the needs of infants and toddlers. These skills are applied as part of a student internship.
Students are required to develop a portfolio based on the required outcomes for the courses. Upon completion, students will submit the portfolio to the instructor, who will award the certificate. Students may also apply to the Registry for the Wisconsin Professional Credential for Infant/Toddler Caregivers.
Scholarships may be available for students who are employed in a licensed or exempt early childhood center or a licensed or certified family child care program.
Scholarships for the Infant/Toddler Credential are available through the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association.
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|307-151||ECE: Infant and Toddler Development||3|
|307-169||ECE: Infant/Toddler Group Care||3|
|307-195||ECE: Family and Community Relationships||3|
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.