Program Number: 31-531-1
School Year: 2018-2019
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac
Full-Time Enrollment Only
Please note we are not accepting applications for the Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic program at this time. The next available opening will be Fall 2019.
Moraine Park Technical College’s Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic program strives to prepare competent entry-level EMT-Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains to perform pre-hospital medical procedures. People’s lives often depend on the quick reaction and competent care of emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics. Paramedics with additional advanced training can perform more difficult and demanding pre-hospital medical procedures. Incidents as varied as automobile accidents, heart attacks, drowning, childbirth and gunshot wounds all require immediate, professional medical attention. As a paramedic, you will provide this vital attention as you care for and transport the sick or injured. Major topics to be covered include patient assessment, pharmacology, pediatrics, ambulance/system operations, trauma, respiratory emergencies and medical emergencies.
Acceptance in the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program required including health requirements and criminal background check. Students must be a licensed EMT or AEMT and maintain such licensure throughout the program.
After completing this program, you must successfully pass the State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic practical examination and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic written examination to qualify for a Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic license.
The Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in cooperation with the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoA EMSP).
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Prepare for incident response and EMS Operations.
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings to provide appropriate patient care.
- Demonstrate paramedic skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Meet state and national competencies listed for paramedic credentialing.
- Private Ambulance Companies
- Municipal Fire Departments
- Flight Paramedic
- Critical Care Transport Paramedic
- Private Emergency Response Teams
- Hospital Emergency and Critical Care Departments
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|531-912||Paramedic Medical Principles||4|
|531-913||Patient Assessment Principles||3|
|531-915||Paramedic Respiratory Management||2|
|531-917||Paramedic Clinical Field 1||3|
|531-919||Paramedic Medical Emergencies||4|
|531-921||Special Patient Populations||3|
|531-924||Paramedic Clinical Field 2||4|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||41|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
- There are a number of support services available at Moraine Park Technical College for students to ensure successful program completion. The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program at Moraine Park Technical College has an average retention rate of 70.60% for the past two years.
- Graduates of the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program at Moraine Park Technical College have a two year average Pass Rate of 71.50%.
- Employers seek graduates of Moraine Park Technical College Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program as the Positive Placement Rate is 63.10% for the past two years.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.