Program Number: 30-531-3
School Year: 2018-2019
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park Technical College’s Emergency Medical Technician program prepares students for licensure as entry-level ambulance attendants in Wisconsin. Patients’ lives often depend on the quick reactions and competent care provided by emergency medical technicians. EMTs respond to emergencies as varied as vehicle crashes, heart attacks, drownings, childbirths, gunshot wounds, strokes, falls, diabetic emergencies and environmental exposures. As an EMT, you will be trained to assess a scene for hazards, assess both sick and injured patients, apply needed care and transport patients to appropriate facilities. Major topics covered in this program include: patient assessment, airway management, medical emergencies, trauma and EMS operations.
Acceptance in the EMT program required including health requirements and criminal background check. Students must be 18 years of age to be eligible for licensure.
After completing this course, you must successfully pass the State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician practical examination and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians written examination to qualify for a Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician license.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Assess and treat sick and injured patients.
- Administer limited medications.
- Perform Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Transport sick and injured patients to appropriate medical care facilities.
- Private ambulance companies
- Volunteer community EMS providers
- Municipal fire departments
- Hospital emergency departments
- Industrial safety positions
Career Pathways offer a guide to help you achieve your education and employment goals. With short-term education options based on stackable credits, Career Pathways allow you to build upon your education goals as you plan your career advancement. At each step of the way, your classes will stack to more advanced certificates and diplomas, earning industry recognized credentials that provide you potentially new employment opportunities.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|531-301||Emergency Medical Technician||5|
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.