Program Number: 30-531-6
School Year: 2018-2019
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park Technical College's Advanced Emergency Medical Technician course builds upon the basic Emergency Medical Technician curriculum. Students learn advanced patient assessment, communication skills and beginning advanced life support interventions through participation in clinical experiences beyond the basic Emergency Medical Technician level.
Acceptance in the Advanced EMT program required including health requirements and criminal background check. Students must be a licensed EMT and maintain such licensure throughout the course.
After completing this course, you must successfully pass the State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician Advanced practical examination and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Advanced written examination to qualify for a Wisconsin Advanced Emergency Medical Technician license.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $134.20 per credit (resident)
- $201.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2017-2018 fees; 2018-2019 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Private ambulance companies
- Volunteer community EMS providers
- Municipal fire departments
- Hospital emergency departments
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|531-304||Advanced Emergency Medical Technician||4|
For additional information on program curriculum, prerequisites and general education course options, please contact your advisor.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.