A student must meet all program competency and course requirements as listed in the online program catalog at the time of matriculation or within five (5) years of matriculation. In the event a student does not complete the program requirements within the five-year limit, the student’s program curriculum changes to the current academic year program requirements. Students not enrolled in at least one (1) program-required course at Moraine Park for twelve (12) continuous months will be required to meet the graduation requirements of the online program catalog in effect for the academic year the student re-enrolls.
All financial obligations to Moraine Park Technical College must be fulfilled in order to obtain certificate, diploma or degree documentation. An all-College graduation ceremony is conducted once per year in May at the conclusion of the semester. Students are encouraged to attend. In addition to the course requirements stated above, a student must meet the following requirements in order to receive their certificate, diploma or degree:
Students accepted into a program after August 2000 will complete an exit assessment for graduation to demonstrate proficiency of program outcomes. Exit assessment requirements vary by program. Students may obtain more exit assessment information by accessing Student Resources on myMPTC.
Students must earn 25 percent of the total program credits toward the program sought at Moraine Park Technical College.
A graduation application form shall be completed during the last semester to identify graduation intent, for every program requested.
Students in all programs are required to achieve a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all attempted credits required in the program. Failure to do so will prevent the student from
graduating until such time as the proper level of achievement has been attained.
Recognition of academic excellence will be determined by the cumulative grade point average achieved at the time the degree or technical diploma (minimum 20-credit program) is awarded. Students who achieve cumulative grade point averages (GPA) between 3.75 and 4.0 will receive High Honors. Students who achieve cumulative grade point averages between 3.5 and 3.74 will receive Honors. Honors designations will not be retroactively awarded.
Moraine Park Technical College guarantees up to six credits of additional coursework to graduates of Moraine Park who do not become employed in their program or related area within six months after graduation or whose employer verifies that the graduate does not have entry-level job skills.
A graduate of an associate of applied science degree program or technical diploma program who is a resident of Wisconsin is exempt from tuition and fees for up to six credits within the same occupational program for which the degree or diploma was awarded. The graduate must apply for the exemption within six months of graduation and any of the following applies:
- An unemployed graduate must provide written verification to the Registrar that certifies all of the following apply:
- The graduate has not secured employment in the occupational field in which he or she received the degree or diploma.
- The graduate has actively pursued employment in that occupational field.
- The graduate has not refused employment in that occupational field or in a related field.
- The graduate has actively sought the assistance of the College’s Employment Services Office.
- Within 90 days after his or her initial employment, an employed graduate’s employer certifies to the Registrar that the graduate lacks entry-level job skills and specifies, in writing, the specific areas in which the graduate’s skills are deficient.