GED/HSED Testing

Wisconsin offers two credentials to adults who have not graduated from high school:
  • Certificate of General Educational Development (GED)
  • High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED)

    • Eligibility

      To be eligible to test, you must meet the criteria below:
      • a resident of Wisconsin OR
      • have lived in the state for at least 10 days OR
      • be a migrant worker or the child of a migrant worker
      • 18 years, 6 months old or older OR
      • the class with which you entered grade 9 must have graduated from high school
      • not enrolled in a high school


      The first requirement towards earning your GED or HSED is attending a free orientation at the Student Success Center. This two-part informational orientation will get you working toward your personal education goal. You will complete reading and math assessments and use those results to determine your next step. To register for a GED/HSED orientation, call 1-800-472-4554.
      You must attend the orientation on both dates and be at least 18 years old by the first class date.

      Four tests are required for the GED:
      In addition to the four GED tests, career awareness, employability skills, and civic literacy and health literacy are required for the HSED.
      For more information on GED or HSED requirements, visit:


      GED/HSED testing is only conducted at Pearson VUE® Authorized Test Centers located at each campus. The test is computer-based but not online. No official GED test is offered online.
      Register and pay for the four GED tests at: MyGED or call 1-877-392-6433.
      The cost is $33.75 per test.
      To schedule Health or Civics tests, contact Lynn Hill 920-924-3247. The cost of Health and Civics is $15 paid at MPTC Student Services.
      No walk-ins are allowed.
      Government issued photo ID is required for every testing session.
      View the testing schedule.

      GED/HSED Records Requests

      MPTC GED/HSED transcripts are processed only at the Fond du Lac Campus. A signed record request form is necessary to process all requests. The form is available at all campuses or byclicking here for the PDF version.

      Send requests to:
      Lynn Hill, GED Chief Examiner
      235 North National Avenue
      Box 1940
      Fond du Lac, WI 54936

      Questions? Please email Lynn Hill or call 920-924-3247.