Program Number: 97-196-2
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
This certificate develops students’ management and leadership skills. These five, three-credit classes provide supervisors and those who want to be supervisors the tools to be more effective. Students study and apply various management concepts, such as leadership skills and styles, motivation, conflict resolution and team building.
This certificate allows students to take associate of applied science degree courses without the time commitment of a full-time program—the credits can later be applied toward a degree if the student desires. In addition, graduates or students currently enrolled in a program may find they have already completed some of the certificate’s requirements.
These classes are offered in the accelerated format and are designed for employed adults. Classes meet for six weeks, four hours per week. Extensive out-of-class work is required.
Courses in this certificate can be customized for on-site company training.
- $130.35 per credit (resident)
- $195.53 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2016-2017 fees; 2017-2018 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Many people interested in this certificate are presently employed in the field of management. These classes provide formal education and networking for employed adults. This is a growth area for many large employers. Note: For those interested in moving from a technical role to management, this certificate provides skills necessary for success as a first-time supervisor.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|196-164||Personal Skills for the Workplace||3|
|196-169||Diversity and Change Management||3|
|196-189||Team Building and Problem Solving||3|
- Principles of Management Certificate, 2017-2018
- Principles of Management Certificate, 2016-2017
- Principles of Management Certificate, 2015-2016
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.